Tuesday, May 4, 2010

~Good Sabbath!

We had an amazing Stake Conference involving sixty stakes.  I almost missed it.  I live across from the Stake Center and knew in my aging mind that our session started at 2:00 PM.  Around 12:30 still in my pj's and enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon, just about ready to jump in the shower I noticed all these cars driving into the parking lot............wait a minute why are they getting there so early?.........I checked my Primary announcements and sure enough, not 2:00 pm but 1:00..........needless to say I broke all records for a 59 year old showering, hair, makeup, etc...............got in and sat down at 12:57 and soooooooo grateful that I made it.  The talks were amazing, Sister Beck's talk about being the Lioness at the Gates for women in their homes was amazing.  She used a favorite quote of mine that I remember Elder Featherstone saying a long time ago, "when your priorities are out of order you lose power".   President Eyring spoke and in his special way inspired me more in the time he spoke then I remember feeling for a long time.  What a feast for the spirit!

The Gospel, it has been said, is simply beautiful and beautifully simple.  This is true.  It is the only way to get through the joyful times with more joy and the hard times with more faith~

2 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

For me I could not help but feel so blessed to live here at this time on earth now. I looked over at Cory and my children and felt such power within my soul to strive to do better each day and that my ultimate blessing will be the next life.

What peace this gives me I'm so grateful for a new day.

Cher said...

That sounds wonderful. I love that quote! I wish we lived right across the street from the stake center. Our Stake Center is a little over an hour away.