Tuesday, May 18, 2010

~Granddaughters are Fun!~

I've had some time to spend with granddaughters lately.........Pearl and I went to the library, then the grocery store and when we got home, we watched a movie and made a pie.  Or I should say Pearl made her first pie!  She really did.....  As I cut the bananas, she put them in the pie shell.  When the pudding was ready to go in, she poured it on top of the bananas.  The best part for Pearl was when the whipping cream was done, she poured it on top of the pie and then with little fingers proceeded to clean the bowl. "Yummy"...........I think I heard a couple of times.  A kitten cleaning up cream couldn't have done a better job on that bowl!

A couple of days later I'm having sleep-overs with the Lindsey girls while their folks and Jake were on a little weekend trip to St. George.  Britney came the second day to help ~ We had a great time - hide & seek, baked a chocolate cake, another library trip, Hayley Mills film fest with Pollyanna & The Parent Trap, donating some stuffed animals to D.I. and dinner at Carl's!  I haven't eaten there in quite a long time, the burger was actually pretty darn good!

Even though this grandma may need to take a nap after these excursions~~spending time with family fits with "joy in your posterity" ~  grand-kids hugs and kisses are just GREAT!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Pearl had so much fun with you!! She was so proud of herself for making a pie-- which was very delicious by the way.