Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 12th is Katie Day~

Dear Katelyn,

Happy Birthday


Five years ago you came to earth, just six days after your mommy's little brother got married.  Oh my, were we all excited to see you arrive.  Your mom got sick with Bell's Palsy after you were born but a little over a month later you, mommy and grandma were on our way to Cedar City to see your cousin, TJ get blessed.  One night in a motel there while I snuggled you close to me and we slept, mommy had to go to the Emergency Room.  She had pleurisy and had to get some strong medicine to make the trip back home.  You were such a good baby!  Loved to eat and sleep!!

Now five years later you're the big sister to Kelsey who has managed to survive your "love" for her and you are preparing for your first ballet recital!!!  I'm so excited that you have been going to preschool and next year will get to go to Kindergarten!!! yippee.........

When you were just a toddler, you would get in a bad mood, and when I would try to get you to be happy, I would ask you, "Katelyn what do you want?"......and you would say in a little tiny voice, "chocolate". 

I knew you were my girl!!! because chocolate always makes you feel better doesn't it?  

Happy Birthday Katie~~ I love you soooooooo much.  I love your beautiful big brown eyes and shiny dark hair and I love your smile and I especially love your laugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I love you!
Love, Brooke