Wednesday, April 7, 2010

~Fiddler on the Roof~

Had a wonderful evening last night at Hale's Theatre~~~courtesy of the Bubert Family!  Kelly is nursing a cold....or so he says.....I think he just wanted to spend some time at home with Pearl! ~~~so I got the use of his ticket to see an amazing show!  The sets, music, voices and acting were far beyond any production of this show I had seen in years past!  It was wonderful, brought tears and laughter to the audience as the story unfolded of three daughters who love their father but then fall in love and begin the journey of leaving home to start their own families.  I think every daughter can relate!

The song, Sunrise, Sunset always gets to me, as that was sung at my own wedding by J. Delos Jewkes, a grandpa in his late 70's!!!  I know look at my own children with "babes of their own" and realize how the circle of life continues to unfold!

We all need to forgo some of the atrocious movies out there and support the Arts with the high caliber of productions in this area!!!   ....anyway that is one women's soapbox opinion....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacey told be she say you mouthing along with the songs. Classic Sheila!

Unknown said...

oops, Dignan...that's actually me.