Monday, August 24, 2009

~Troy's Day




Happy Birthday Troy-Boy

Are you really 31? ok, super, prime of life! young enough to golf all day and old enough to make breakfast for your three little kiddies and speaking of breakfast, lunch and dinner, you are becoming quite a chef! I always knew you would never go hungry, even when you were a little guy and we were on a trip - your stomach knew when it was high noon every time, "time to eat"!

After waking up numerous times with a 2 yr old quietly breathing and staring at me 3 inches from my face, whispering, "juice", I devised the tupperware early breakfast routine for my little son. If it was 6:00 AM, you knew your bowl or cereal was on the table, a cup of milk and cup of juice sitting in the frig. You simply poured the milk over the cereal, drank the juice and you were good to go for cartoons until the rest of the house woke up! What a survivor!

Bedknobs and Broomsticks became daily fare in our family room - with your two older sisters wailing, "please, not again"

After your dad proudly planted a slender and willowly tree in the back yard, you used your cowboy expertise in roping it, bending it over and pulling it out by the roots!~

We thought at age 4 you were still in the "big wheel" mode, but walking by the window I saw you kneeling on the sidewalk beside your sister's bike. when I asked you later what you were doing, you said, "Praying to learn to ride without training wheels". Well your prayer was answered, it wasn't long before you were speeding along, wearing out your toughskins jeans at the knees~. Sears didn't earn any money on me, since their warrantee was they would replace the jeans if the knees wore out ~ you were probably the inspiration for the company to end this guarantee a few years later!

Many summer evenings you were a blur of dust running around the baseball diamond touching the bases - you were fearless with a bat, glove, ball but in naval deep water you clung to the side of the pool! of course later post-Samoa you became a FISH! ( smile )

I remember watching SNL - "Cowbell" with you where you had me laughing so hard I barely made it to the bathroom!! And of course the night before you married your darling Cherlyn, you, Kelly and I laughed so hard about cool pillows, etc that the tears wouldn't stop!!

Family time is priceless Son, and now you have your own to make memories with! You have been blessed with so many talents and gifts, the least of which is a big and loving heart! I'm proud of you. I love you so very much~~ Happy Birthday!

Mom

4 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

happy birthdat Troy we all love you big guy! love the post mom.

grandma to 16 said...

that was me that wrote that I was signed in as Sheila puting pics on

the Horton Hurricane said...

and I did it again

Stacey said...

Yes, happy birthday to Troy!!