Friday, August 7, 2009

August 6, Barbara jean turns 76


Happy Birthday Barb,

I hope you don't mind that your age has been revealed~~~but it is an accomplishment, mom!! and I'm so happy and proud that you are mother!

You have contributed I believe to my well being throughout my life! Your strengths to me in my life include a great sense of humor, generosity of spirit and means, graciousness to everyone you meet and your testimony that has grown so much in your "golden years". ( smile )

You also have always had a wonderful sense for fashion and my memories of good smells and tastes coming from the kitchen ~ I still cut a cucumber, throw in a sugar pinch to spaghetti sauce, use green peppers in anything I can get them into, make a beautiful red velvet layer cake, and stir my scrambled eggs with a salad fork just like I watched you do. All my life you have out-shopped me with your tiny little legs~~throwing things over the dressing room door, whew,,,,,,you were relentless at back to school sales! I learned to put on mascara watching you! I know I love being a mom because you enjoyed motherhood as well!! Thank you for all the cards and thoughts when the divorce came~~it helped more than you will ever know!

Hang in there "B" - Happy Birthday!!
ly, your oldest!

2 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

I love you Grandma happy birthday

Stacey said...

Yes. A very happy birthday to Grandma Perkins. We love you. Great memories Sheila.