Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bags were packed - then change of plans~~


August 8th, 1980......I had been in active labor since the day before, but holding on so my # 4 could be born on their dad's birthday-----back in the days before ultrasounds, it was Christmas every time in the delivery room!!! Jennifer came after just six hours in the hospital, which for me was the shortest and easiest delivery I had! My recovery was also amazingly fast and before long I was bathing my little new born baby girl in the kitchen sink with two year old Troy looking on grouchily being replaced (or so he thought) by his newest sibling! I remember having the morning sun coming through the window over the sink, onto her shiny little head thinking, "life doesn't get any better than this!"

Jennifer is what I called her until about five years ago, she then became Jenny and now Jen, funny how I was so adamant that her name was Jennifer, but she is Jen now, a friend as well as beloved daughter! Happy Birthday sweetie!!

I had my bags packed and ready to head out on a road trip Saturday night with the Horton Hurricane to drive up to Blanchard, Idaho and visit with Troy and Cherlyn and kids ~ but about 4:00 got a call that mom was in the ER in Ogden again. She was in heart failure and once again endured another angioplasty for heart stent placement. Poor thing, one more patch and more recovery. The good news is that they were able to quickly help her, but sadly, I would have to postpone my trip this time.

I will miss not getting to hold and see that darling little 9 month old Michael!! He is a clone of Troy and T.J. & Kaylee are so fun to be grandma to!! .... But "Life Happens" so maybe I'll catch a flight up later to visit in the Fall.

Have a great trip Horton's!!! Take lots of pictures!!! Troy & Cher are going to be blown away when they see how tall Mason, Brooke & Kobe are!!

Happy 29th Birthday Jen! I love you ~

1 comment:

the Horton Hurricane said...

It was the best trip so great to see the kids and Cher and my brother I miss them I dont think you realize how important family is until you see them after so long. I did get lots of pictures wait until you see them