Thursday, August 20, 2009

~routine brings trouble.....

Well, I walk at night and usually between 8:30 and 9:00 when it is cooler. Tonight when I got back at 9:00 I remembered I had brought in tomatoes given to me at work from a missionary and had locked my purse in the car and was going to get it to take it in the house after walking. I quickly realized it was not there and the back window of my new little car had been very deftly broken and purse gone! I know everyone says the same thing when this type of thing happens.....they could have the money that was in it, but now all the calling and driving around to replace the ID, bank cards, address book, check book, driver's license, temple recommend, insurance cards, etc! What a pain!

It is so creepy that someone would watch me walk away and then sneak over and check out if they were going to get something that didn't belong to them? The Officer thinks it was someone that might have known my routine, because most car break-ins happen between 2-4 AM he said. I felt sad that my little car had to be violated and angry at someone who wouldn't think twice about damaging and stealing another person's belongings.

Oh well, here we grow again, lesson well learned - and passing it on to others, don't leave anything in the car of value, even if you lock it, better to take it with you or lock it in the trunk. I wish some shred of compassion would come over them and they would just bring the purse back with all my identification and leave it on my doorstep, but that would really be a miracle wouldn't it?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

SHEILA!
I had no idea that happened to you. That makes me sick. I am so sorry. Let us know if we can do anything for you. I think you should take the day off of work tomorrow.
There I go again, trying to talk you out of doing the things you're supposed to do :) Really though, give Ed a call.

Cathy Bubert said...

So sorry Sheila! I will learn from your sad experience and not leave my purse in the car.
(I should start by locking my car)

Lori said...

Sad!!!!! I have had my purse stolen TWICE this year. I feel your pain.

the Horton Hurricane said...

mom I'm so sad about that, I hate mean people did any neighbors see anything at all? I love you.