Thursday, April 16, 2009

My friend, Brenda~

Brenda Henderson is a really neat lady!! She's 66 and wears her white hair spiky - loves to talk on the phone, sings with the men in the ward choir because she has such a low voice - went back to school at age 57 - has the raspiest laugh - notices when the pounds are coming off of you! which I love her for!!! I sit by her every month in ward counsel meeting and love her !

Easter Sunday, she and her husband Boyd had dinner after church and then because it was such a beautiful warm evening, she told him she was going for a walk around our North Salt Lake neighborhood. Two feet from he sidewalk on Hwy 89 as she was crossing, a 16 year old girl hit her with her car and she was killed instantly.

Her husband Boyd, asked to visit with the girl and her family. The other girls in the car also came to his home. That is the kind of person he and Brenda are. I don't know what was said, but I know the girls were comforted and asked if it would be alright if they attended the funeral. Of course they will be there because that is the kind of person Boyd is.

In the last couple of years, I've had three good friends pass away that I work with. Carol and Susan from cancer, Bob from an anuerysm. Now I will say goodby to another really neat lady, at least for a while. I will really miss hearing her beautiful low voice and seeing that white spiky hair each Sunday. But if I know Brenda, she will be busy helping others and laughing a lot wherever she is aksed to serve until she and Boyd are reuinted.

It seems to me like Brenda never knew a stranger. If she met you, she really wanted to know you. I hope I can be more like that ~

3 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

mom, I'm so sorry I know she will miss seeing you and hearing your sweet (higher) voice. I think that is great you wrote about Brenda.

Stacey said...

That is so sad, I didn't know that happened. It sounds like she was a wonderful person.

Leah said...

So sorry for your loss. I don't know but sometimes it seems the unexpected losses are the hardest. Love to you and thinking of you.