Friday, April 10, 2009

General Conference

Sunday morning found me at the King's home. Dad & Mom had gone up to Lava Hot Springs for a 24 hour retreat~~After breakfast I turned on general conference, had brought Brit, Devin & Derek markers and new art tablets and we watched General Conference together. At one time Devin asked me why I liked church? It was a sweet
time for this Grandma to be with these precious grandchildren and tell them the things that made me happy in my life. We took two walks that day and made cream cheese brownies. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk and Elder Holland's talk, both of them spoke right to my heart!!

"We live in a time when many worry about their livelihood. They are concerned abou the future and doubt their ability to resolve the challenges that confront them. They hunger for meaning and puspose in life. They get caught up in the excitement of looking for something new. But inevitably, the flame of each new theory fades. After the excitement wears off, the hollowness remains as we look for the next new idea to unlock the secrets of happiness. In contrast, the gospel of Jesus Christ has the answers to all of our problems. The gospel ujnlocks the door to true happines. It does not come from man at all. It springs from the pure and everlasting waters of the Creator of the universe, who knows truths we cannot even begin to comprehend." (Pres. Uchtdorf)

I love conference weekend~~and Elder Holland's talk "None Were with Him" will set the spirit for all of our Easter celebrations this coming week~~

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Those were my two favorite talks also! It's amazing how you never watch a session of conference without feeling like at least one talk was meant just for you! I guess that means the church is true :)

the Horton Hurricane said...

It was a good conference but than they all are. Now is the time to really be engaged in the gospel.