Thursday, April 23, 2009

a funny thing happened on my way to lunch...

I was "underground" at lunch time about ten minutes after twelve. I had just come from the distribution center at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and was cutting across to go get a "sarah salad" at the Lion House. In case anyone isn't aware a whole city of tunnels and parking lots exist underneath Temple Square. I can be a mole on bad days and just walk from the office bldg to the Lion House to the SL Temple to the conference center. It's really pretty neat! Seven years ago I was lost many many times, but now I seem to be able to get around and know where I am and under which building I'm manuvering. it just takes practice.....

Anyway to get on with the story........every so often you see a "celebrity" well not like Hollywood, even better!! I was heading for the Lion House after picking some YW things up at the Distribution Center. I noticed one of the special "golf carts" was coming at me on the walkway with lights flashing and a driver with three men in it. As it got close, President Monson, Pres. Eyring and Pres. Uchtdorf were riding in it. Pres. Uchtdorf called out as they passed, "Well Hi Young Lady, how are you?" I managed a feeble "Hi!" as they passed, all three smiling. They were coming from the temple probably going to lunch, back at the Administration Building. It was pretty cool and their countenances were a pretty sweet sight to experience that close~~ what a great job to get to drive them around. They probably don't know that the lady in the polka-dot dress had a very nice thursday after that!

2 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

I still cant get over how cool this is, Cory said meeting President Monson was something he will never forget. Wow talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Leah said...

Same thing happened to me one time when going to the Legacy theatre when I was a teen. My dad and I parked below the JS building and as we were walking in, a golf cart with then Elder Monson drove by. It was so awesome.