Friday, August 19, 2011

Grandmothering

I love to watch my grandchildren do their thing by attending football, baseball, soccer games, swim meets, dance recitals, violin recitals, choir concerts ~ it is so much fun to watch another generation discover new talents, improve their skills and have fun doing it! ~ The unconditional perspective of being a grandparents is amazing and gratifying.  I see only my posterity on the field or the stage, looking for their smile or laugh or approval of what just went down~~

Last night I took Emma & Katelyn to see the production 7 Brides for 7 Brothers in Centerville....they were enthralled with the production, Katelyn squealed as the stage curtain rose up, they both knew a lot of the songs (from the movie) that were performed.  It was a long production and yet these little girls' eyes never left the stage.  Afterwards, I introduced them to the lead, Danny Inkley who I taught along side of my oldest son, Troy in primary.  He lived just up the street and now has honed his talents with an amazing voice!  We saw him later that night at In & Out with his own kids - Katelyn remarked as we were walking to the car, "you know Grandma, they look different up close!"................yep, they do, Emma!

I like being a grandmother. I think my main task in this role which began about 14 years ago is to make memories that my grandchildren will remember ~  Even sending phone messages to tell them about the "Harvest Moon"!  (did ya enjoy that one, Mason?)

1 comment:

the Horton Hurricane said...

I just read that to Mason and he laughed