Monday, August 22, 2011

A "FIND" from 1952

One of my favorite songs has always been "When He Comes Again" -I learned it in Primary and have sung it all my life.  But always just two verses, well my friend's mother passed away and they found a 1952 copy of this song while going through her papers.  The sheet music has a verse 3 in it and it is beautiful!!

so..........sing along and when you get to the 3rd verse, sing it then look up the scripture:
(Matthew 25: 31, 32)   "When the Son of man shall come in his glory...before him shall be gathered all nations."

I wonder when He comes again, will herald angels sing? 
Will earth be white with drifted snow, Or will the world know spring?
I wonder if one star will shine Far brighter than the rest;
Will daylight stay the whole night through?
Will song birds leave their nests?
I'm sure He'll call His little ones together round His knee,
Because He said in days gone by, Suffer them to come to me.

I wonder when He comes again, will I be ready there
To look upon His loving face and join with Him in prayer.
Each day I'll try to do His will and let my light so shine
that others seeing me may seek For greater light divine.
then, when that blessed day is here, He'll love me and He'll say,
You've served me well, my little child, Come unto my arms to stay.

I wonder when He comes again will all the nations bring
Their children to His waiting arms to hear the angels sing?
And as they heed his loving voice, and seek His outstretched hands, 
Will children of the world rejoice to finally understand:
That, only, as we do His will can happiness increase.
That love, alone, can make this world A Haven of His peace.

1 comment:

Cathy Bubert said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing :)