Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To my youngest....Happy Birthday Kel!

A son is born
Life goes on
No one knows
Just when it happens
But one day
A miracle happens
The child has changed

The child is no longer
A man has taken his place
All grown up
Ideas have changed
Responsibility comes easily
Parents sit back and admire
The person he has become

Apron strings cut long ago
You cannot help but wonder
Will you always feel
The way you do now?
Prouder than anyone
Of whom he has become
Admiration beyond imagination

A mother's love
Enduring all else
Wanting to be needed
Knowing when to stand aside
A fate hard to accomplish
Needing to be wanted
As if the man has not emerged

The life he lives
Has room enough for all
The thoughtfulness in his heart
His caring ways
New hobbies he shares
With friends old and new
The man shines through

My son, my child
You are a man, this is true
To me you will always be
That child in my arms
Whom I loved from the start!

3 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Cher said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!

Stacey said...

Sheila, this is beautiful!