Friday, October 8, 2010

Emma's change

Emma Lindsey turned eight October 4th-----------but the real change in her life will begin on October 9th at 5:00 pm.  She will be baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She will take upon herself baptismal covenants with the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ. 

Emma, you will begin a new life with baptism.  A life of purpose, to stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places.  You will begin to be responsible for the kind of life you lead.  You will want to help others just as Jesus went about helping people. Jesus has provided a beautiful bridge for you to come back to be with Heavenly Father one day.  He has provided a plan for repenting when you make mistakes and to feel forgiven when you ask for his help.  He will give you a friend to be with you at all times, the Holy Ghost.  You will never have to feel alone again in your life.   It will help you make decisions and feel good when you do what is right.  It will comfort you when you are feeling frightened or sad.  It will testify to you that Heavenly Father is real and that his Son, Jesus Christ loves you.  When you feel really happy and good inside about your family or friends or Jesus, that will be the Holy Ghost testifying to your spirit that what you are hearing is true.  Sometimes it is so sweet to your heart that you will feel tears in your eyes.  It is a beautiful feeling. 

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

This has become my favorite primary song!  I love you Emma.  I am proud of you. Happy Birthday eight year old!   love, Gram

1 comment:

Cher said...

We will be thinking of Emma today. Send our love to her. That is a great primary song isn't it? :)