Friday, October 1, 2010

~getting plenty of sleep~

I always thought I got my share of good quality sleep especially the last year or so...........well Folks, I'm here to tell you there is a sleep world out there, you have never heard of before.................Dad & Judy are here visiting to attend conference, and we are all getting lots of rest!  I'm afraid their good habits of going to bed early are rubbing off on me.  This past week I have been in bed by 9:30, reading because I didn't want to keep them up with noise, i.e. dishes, cleaning or TV~~(smile)  I'm sure I was asleep before 10:00 most nights, arising at about 6:30 or 7:00 AM and according to my Tally that is 8.5 to 9  hrs per night.  Now, I have not logged 9 hours per night since 1978 when pregnant with Troy his dad and I went to Portland Oregon for a vacation and I slept through the night and took delightful naps as a pregnant sleepy lady in a quiet Hotel!

It's almost funny, when around 8:45 they start their bedtime rituals - but who knows maybe they are the wisest of us all.  They both have extremely good health, eat a banana a day which dad maintains your heart needs and don't even say the word soda pop, it's whole VIT D Milk for this kid from Bluewater, New Mexico!

It has been interesting and delightful because almost all of our conversations revolve around family and the Gospel.  They went to both the SL & Draper temples and have been very easy non-demanding guests.  I hope I have my dad's temperament more and more as I grow older.  He lives, loves and laughs and that includes at himself!  I love him so much.  He and Judy serve as ward missionary leader and primary organist since they have been back from their mission in their home ward.  They are and always will be an example of unselfish service to me. 

1 comment:

Cher said...

That is so fun that you got to spend time with them. I would LOVE to get that much sleep.