Thursday, January 7, 2010

~patience is a virtue?~

You only like physical therapists on your way out of their office! About half way through the "nazi torture" I was having my arm put through by my P.T. I realized he was none other than Shalene Wells Hawks, husband, Bob~. He is a very nice guy until he starts that stretching, it may be called passive, where he does all the work while I concentrate on not resisting, but let me tell you, there is nothing passive about taking this poor shoulder which has been insulted surgically and putting my arm high above my head where the pain meter is off the chart!

"oh you're doing great" says he, gasping for air....."really?" says I...

At last one more session comes to an end with a wonderful ice bag strapped for 15 minutes to "cool off" that 59 year old joint!

Well, I'm learning how to do many things with one hand, some necessities really were made for two, (use your imagination).....but I am grateful that I will have a few more days of recovery before Bob and I go another round!! Life is never dull~~

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sheila, you are amazing. I bet Bob loves working with you. You will be good as new soon enough, but until then, I'm still marveling at all the things you can do with one hand!

Cathy Bubert said...

Hang in there Sheila - it will be good as new soon! By the way Pearl said you are all better :)