Friday, September 11, 2009

End of Summer - 15 weeks till Christmas!

Labor Day evening we all met at the park by Pearl's house~~We had the last of the season's potato salad, pulled pork sandwiches, watermelon and delicious cookies from Stacey & Jill! I let all the kids make homemade ice cream in their own ziploc bag with ice and rock salt ~ it was fun watching them roll their COLD bags and then tasting the delicious treat~~

I love how perfect the weather is now in the evening~~All the mom's are happy school is back in session and schedules can be put back into place. Kelly & Stacey are getting excited to take Pearl to Disneyland next week ~~Troy and his family will be coming through in October which should be so much fun to see all of their family! Kids are busy with soccer, football, track and dance.

As I sat there looking at my children with their families, from grandkids Jr high age down to Kelsey and Pearl eating watermelon, I couldn't help but think how thankful I am for my family~~

1 comment:

the Horton Hurricane said...

and we are all thankful for you love you