Sunday, September 20, 2009

Changing of the Guard~~YW Style

The YW Presidency was released today~~ wow, I have mixed feelings! I can honestly say I won't miss the work that is involved in Young Women, i.e. activities, camp, standards nights, many many projects!!! BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I will definitely miss those sweet faces and listening to them tell me things while scarfing down pizza or just hearing them giggle when we're in the car and they see a "cute" boy! That takes me back to my days of being a mom to teenage girls and it was so much fun!!! I will miss teaching them on Sundays, feeling the spirit in the room and that their spirits were acknowledging truth. That was the best!!

The funny thing is, two of the names I mentioned to the Bishopric are in!!! yep, I'm sure there was some inspiration there..............Marci Howey is the WX Basketball Coach and she will bring a new "sports" influence to our YW~ ........... she's 6 ft tall and the mother of five, three girls, two boys just like me! In fact she reminds me of myself at that age, only taller of course! ( smile ) The girls are in good hands!

but still it was teary today! One of my 2nd year beehives, beautiful red-haired green-eyed Brooke couldn't shut off the flood-gates and that kept tugging at my heart! I told Marci after class to hug her a lot!!! She's one of those girls that don't get a lot of hugs at home.......I know she'll get them from this new presidency!

Change is inevitable in the church~~I will now teach the primary children those beautiful songs!!! Should be fun, although the last time I led music, which was quite a few years ago, my arms didn't wave ! (smile) Maybe this will help tone them up!

No comments: