Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day - Daddy

Some memories of "Daddy"~~
1)coming home from church and hearing him whistle or hum the closing hymn while riding in the back seat (before the days of seatbelts!)
2) pretending to be asleep after a family drive-in movie so I could get carried in~
3) eating tapioca pudding with him while watching "Bonanza" in color!!
4) working on the boat motor and waterskiing at Lake Shasta ( making me learn to waterski while I was crying and then finding out I loved it!
5) making me ride a mean mean shetland pony, getting bucked off and getting back on and finding out I loved it!
6) ironing his white cotton sunday shirts before the days of Permanent Press _ wow
7) when his back went out, watching him put a door underneath the mattress so it would be hard enough.
8) watching him pull out his own appendix stitches in horror while mom looked on, my brother and I thought it was really neat~~
9) listening to his love of missionary work, Ward Mission Leader and Full time missions in the Philippines ~ He loved picking up the missionaries from the airport!
10) unlacing his work boots when he would come home from logging in the woods!
11) his sense of humor - when he tells you something funny, he always laughs and his laugh if infectious!
12) his phone calls that always no matter what.......lift my mood and spirit!
13) His testimony of Joseph Smith ~
14) His love for the Savior of the World!

Happy Father's Day !

I'm proud to be your daughter and love you so much!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Your Dad is one of the neatest men I've ever met. Those are great memories!

the Horton Hurricane said...

I loved reading this Mom, how cool.