Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~how great and grand is the Gospel!

Now everyone knows at work you have good and bad days.............I've had my share of both, but today is grand.  Across from my desk all day long receiving training on computer programs the church uses in its Natural Resources are two young men, probably in their late 20's or early 30's.  One is from Africa and one is from Hong Kong.  They are most pleasant and speak English beautifully albeit with their respective accents.  The light in their faces and enthusiasm as they glean information to help them in the work of the church in their nations is amazing to me.  I catch myself tearing up as I hear them discuss various issues.  The young man from Africa is planning on drilling his own well for his home use as well as for the meetinghouse he will be taking care of. 

Can anyone not believe this church is rolling across the world, it doesn't matter that the economy is down or Satan has unleashed his lies and profanity across the internet, the TRUTH just keeps rolling forward!  We all need to catch some of these new member's enthusiasm............and remember what we are a part of!!!

2 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

I agree mom I was just saying the other day we are part of something so HUGE and so powerful as members of the church, I think the thing I'm most grateful for is my testimony of the gospel.

Cathy Bubert said...

Well said! The work keeps moving forward and there are MANY prepared. Thanks for your beautiful insights Sheila!