Wednesday, October 21, 2009

~Health Fair~

Church Employees have an annual health fair when we get to see how we are treating our bodies (smile) I really think it is to soften the blow with bad news about annual health insurance premiums going up! There are always a lot of little freebies, chapstick, key rings, pens, anything vendors are selling that they can put a logo on! Booths set up to test your vision, test your hearing, test your blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. When I compare some of the results I received today from eighteen months ago - I am a very happy camper! ok for posterity, blood pressure 96/50, glucose 89, cholesterol 192 ~~all in very desirable range!

It's really true, as you get older, health matters more! But it is kind of like overload sometimes, anti-oxidants, vitamins, exercise, water, and what is 8 hours of sleep? I haven't had that since 1973! ( smile ) oh well we all try~~

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Way to go Sheila!

the Horton Hurricane said...

mom it's so true I never thought I would care abot all those numbers and vitamins but I do now. Don't tell me it gets worse the older I get.

You are so cute skinny lady, I just love you, we need to go to lunch soon

Cathy Bubert said...

Great news Sheila! Hope you feel as good as you look . . . because you look fantastic!