Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference

Wow, when they announced the 2nd counselor in the new Presiding Bishopric..........I was surprised, Dean Davies, now "Bishop Davies" is 2nd counselor in our stake presidency!!  So our stake's loss will be the whole church's gain. 

Bishop Davies was also the Director over special projects/real estate where I work so I think he is very well prepared by the Lord for this calling.  We are all happy for him here in Natural Resources and wish him the very best!

Elder Hallstrom, Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf's talks were all especially meant for me!  I also burst into tears when after the Sunday morning session the choir's rendition of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" ended...........the spirit was alive in my little living room ~~ how I love our dear Savior and want to seal my heart to His!

A good friend and I went to the morning session on Saturday, we had nose bleed section tickets and wound up listening to the second half on temple square in the warm sunshine and wonderful breeze!  Good thing we did it on Saturday because Sunday was typical April conference weather, umbrellas and all!

It was a great spiritual booster shot for all of us!  I'm going to get my highlighter out and read them again~~!

1 comment:

Cathy Bubert said...

Love your great conference post :)