Tuesday, July 19, 2011

~Chef's choice~

Ok, I love salads!  ....  But not the dry, tasteless pale iceberg lettuce that some buffets offer, with a yellow film over the dressing and garbanzo beans that look like they came from your grandmother's food storage~~that is not my idea of a good salad~

Cutler's Cookies, our local hometown sandwich/soup/salad deli now makes a spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, slivered almond and grated parmesan cheese thrown in.  These ingredients are upon a bed of fresh spinach leaves!  AND if that were not enough, it comes with a delicious poppy-seed dressing!

The reason I'm so happy about this addition to their menu is that it is the perfect size!   I love Cafe Rio salads but never can finish them!!  JUST TOO DARN BIG!

So thanks Stacey for introducing my palate to this yummy work of art!   ~~  ** they only make a certain amount each day, so get there early!!

No comments: